What We Do
For more than 30 years, Centerforce has been a national leader in providing groundbreaking, evidence-based programs to incarcerated people and their loved-ones. Centerforce develops and delivers innovative solutions by providing health education, family and community programs to this often neglected community.
We aim to foster transformative experiences during incarceration, promote successful re-entry, and help reduce the risk of re-incarceration.
Mission & Vision
The Centerforce mission is to support, educate, and advocate for individuals, families, and communities impacted by incarceration.
We pursue our mission by:
- Developing and delivering comprehensive and effective client-centered services to currently and formerly incarcerated people and their families.
- Our programs and services:
- Foster transformative experiences during incarceration
- Promote ties between incarcerated people and their families to improve quality of life, support successful re-entry, and decrease re-incarceration
- Assist individuals in gaining access to needed services before and during re-entry to support successful re-entry and decrease re-incarceration
- Recognize the impact that incarceration has on the entire family and social system, and the importance of supporting all people whose lives are impacted by incarceration
- Educate men, women, and families about important health concerns that disproportionately affect people in prison
- Researching, evaluating, and sharing innovative best program practices.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, including those involved in corrections, to achieve our goals.
- Increasing awareness of the impacts of incarceration and shaping the debate around incarceration and its effects.